Justin Bieber Has 'Some Surprises' In Store For Grammy Performance

'We got some other performers that are going to be there with me,' teen star says of Sunday's event.




This Sunday is poised to be a big night for Justin Bieber. The teen star will not only find out if he takes home any Grammy Awards (he's up for Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album for My World 2.0), he's also performing at the show. And he'll be getting a little help from his friends.
Bieber will be joined on the Grammy stage by his "Never Say Never" pal, Jaden Smith, as well as his mentor, Usher, who appears on his song "Somebody to Love." When Bieber stopped by MTV News to chat about his 3-D movie, "Never Say Never," which opens this weekend, he also teased that his Grammy performance will be different than his performances at shows like the AMAs and VMAs, where he won Best New Artist.


"I am going to [perform and] I'm gonna have some surprises there," he explained. "We got some other performers that are going to be there with me, Jaden and Usher, so I'm really excited about it. Jaden's cool. He's gonna kick it. He's gonna kill it. I'm excited."
After an incredible rise to stardom, Bieber will find out if he has what it takes to add Grammy winner to his already impressive résumé. And he thinks he's earned the right to be nominated. "I'm very excited, up for two Grammys. So this year's really just big for me," he said. "I'm really just blessed to be even nominated. I think I worked really hard, so I think I earned it."
When Bieber learned in December that he'd be vying for a couple of awards at the show, he tweeted to his fans that he was stunned by the accolades. "What!?!? what?!?!!? 2!! #Heck yes!! Love everyone. Never say never!!!" he wrote, adding, "Win or lose ... this is #crazy!! the Grammys!!! #Holy crap!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment